The Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Laboratory (DISCL) at the Texas Tech University has broad research interests in parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing, Cloud computing, computer architectures and systems software with a focus on building scalable computing systems for data-intensive applications in high-performance scientific computing/high-end enterprise computing.
- December 2014, Dr. Dong Dai attended the NSFCloud Workshop on Experimental Support for Cloud Computing in Arlington, VA.
- November 2014, Dr. Dong Dai, Mr. Jialin Liu, Mr. John Leidel, Mr. Eric Valenzuela, and Dr. Chen attended the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing (SC'14) conference in New Orleans. Dr. Dai successfully presented one study on two-choice randomized I/O scheduling (paper, presentation) at the SC'14 main conference and one study on rich metadata management (paper, presentation) at the PDSW'14 workshop. Mr. Valenzuela successfully presented an ACM SRC research poster on HPC multi-level dedup at the SC'14 main conference. Congratulations to them.
- November 2014, Dr. Chen chaired The Third International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS), a full-day workshop at the 2014 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC'14) in New Orleans, with editing a Special Issue on Data-Intensive High Performance Computing with The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications (IJHPCA).
- November 2014, Dr. Chen received Texas Tech University Mortar Board and Omicron Delta Kappa Outstanding Faculty Recognition Award and Whitacre College of Engineering Research Award.
- October 2014, Mr. Jialin Liu, Dr. Dong Dai, and Dr. Chen attended the IEEE BigData'14 conference in Washington D.C. and successfully presented two research studies at the conference. Jialin was also a Doctoral Symposium attendee and presented his dissertation research at the conference.
- October 2014, Mr. Jialin Liu received an NSF travel grant for attending the IEEE BigData'14 conference - congratulations to him.
- August 2014, Mr. John Leidel organizes and chairs the The Third Annual Workshop on PGAS and Shared Memory Extensions for Heterogeneous Architectures (PGAS-X) that will be held in conjunction with PGAS 2014, the 8th International Conference on Partitioned Global Address Space Programming Models in Eugene, Oregon.
- June 2014, Dr. Chen received an award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to work on Compute on Data Path: Combating Data Movement in High Performance Computing.
- May 2014, Wei Xie received an NSF travel grant for attending CCGrid'14 - congratulations to him. Dr. Chen, Dr. Dong Dai and Mr. Wei Xie attended the CCGrid'14 conference in Chicago and presented two studies.
- April 2014, Jialin Liu and John Leidel received NSF-TCPP Travel Grant for attending IPDPS'14 and will present two studies at HPDIC and LSPP workshop, respectively.